Purple Restore Plus Mattress (formerly Purple 3 Hybrid)
Why We Like It
The original Purple Mattress brought to market a unique new technology with its elastic polymer grid that leverages column buckling principles to provide you with a different type of support that neither foam nor innerspring mattresses can replicate. The most notable benefit is the uncanny ability to keep you cool, which truly separates their mattresses from any kind of foam-based mattress. Since launching the original Purple mattress, they have developed a few other products, one being the Purple Restore Plus, aka Purple's interpretation of a hybrid mattress.
Typically hybrid mattresses have an outer comfort layer in combination with an innerspring grid. In this case, the comfort layer is Purple's elastic grid instead of the typical memory foam-based comfort layer. In our testing, we found the Purple Restore Plus to be very capable of supporting sleepers of all weights and sleeping positions and give you the benefits of a hybrid with exceptional cooling abilities.
- The best cooling mattress we've ever reviewed, excluding ultra-high-end water-cooled mattresses that cost twice the cost.
- Maintains spine alignment in a variety of sleeping positions
- The Purple Restore Plus provides great support and contouring to sleepers below 300 pounds.
- It provides a firmer option compared to overly soft Purple mattress products.
- Improved cooling over past purple mattresses with the innerspring coil support layer change.
- Depending on mattress size will be cost-prohibitive for most on a typical budget.
- An extremely heavy mattress makes moving it a serious undertaking. 2 people are required to a minimum to move a queen or a king.
- Edge support could be better
- Motion transfer is good for a hybrid but could be better
Sleep Position Analysis
Back Sleeping - 125 pounds: Great support, contouring, leveling, and spine alignment (admittedly, our tester could have benefited from a thinner pillow)
Below are some deeper details about the Purple Hybrid mattress.
|SPECIFICATIONS AND DIMENSIONS (QUEEN)|
|Model Name||Purple 3/Hyrbid|
|Ideal Sleeping Position(s)||All Positions|
|Available In||One Thickness|
|Mattress Dimensions||60” x 80” x 11”|
|Mattress Weight||122 lbs.|
|Weight Limit||300 lbs.|
|Overall Density (lb/cubic square foot)||3.99|
|MATTRESS DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION|
|Materials||Elastic Polymer, PE Foam and Coil Springs|
|Construction||2” Hyper-Elastic Polymer™ material in Purple Grid, 1” density polyurethane foam, 7.5” pocketed coil springs|
|Cooling||Elastic polymer grid aided by hybrid mattress design|
|Cover||Viscose, Polyester and Lyrca knit fabric|
|Warranty||10-year limited warranty|
|Customer service||Very Good|
Purple 3 Hybrid Mattress FAQ
The MSRP for the Queen size Purple 3 Hybrid mattress is $1,699. The standard Purple 3 Hybrid mattress retail price for the King is $1,999 and the twin XL size is $1,399.