Start Sleeping Scholarship
We are now accepting scholarship applications through March 31, 2019 for the Winter semester.At Start Sleeping, we value education. We also recognize the steep cost of college tuition and the expenses that come along with it. In an effort to make things a little easier, we are proud to offer a biannual $1,000 scholarship to students who are currently attending or planning on attending college in the coming year. The full list of requirements is outlined below, but if you have any questions, reach out in the contact form below. We are focused on giving people the tools and knowledge to get their best night's sleep. For that reason, the essay topic focuses on that very topic. We want you to tell us about the negative impact poor sleeping habits have on students and what they can do to improve.
- Enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Enrolled at the undergraduate level or your final year of high school
- Aged sixteen (16) years or older
- Carry a status of “good standing” (i.e. currently enrolled)
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
In order to apply, applicants must submit a typed essay that answers the following questions. The total essay length should be between 1,000 and 2,000 words.
- What is the impact of poor sleeping habits on students and their ability to learn?
- How can technology affect our sleep for better or worse
- What can students do to improve their sleeping quality?
All essays should be submitted no later than March 31 for Fall semester and November 15 for the Winter semester. Please attach your essay submission. If you are a finalist, we will request an unofficial academic transcript and proof of enrollment. Start Sleeping is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This includes the collection, storage, use, access, and disposal of all student information and data obtained through the application process. This data will only be used for reviewing applications and selecting recipients and never for commercial purposes.
This program is administered without discrimination on the basis of age, race, culture, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other nonmerit factors. Start Standing is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from underrepresented minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. Start Standing is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and employment programs.