WHY WE LIKE IT
The Titan by Brooklyn Bedding is one of our go-to mattress recommendations for sleepers 250 pounds and up. Many mattresses are not designed or tested for sleepers beyond this mark. This leaves many sleepers in this group undersupported. Many one size fits all memory foam mattresses struggle to support heavier sleepers with their thin comfort layers and overall lack of firmness. The Titan by Brooklyn Bedding is a hybrid design meaning it has an innerspring design coupled with a memory foam comfort layer, often giving you the best of both worlds. Hybrids tend to work really well for heavier sleepers, especially mattresses like the Titan that have been specifically designed to support that specific weight range.
- Firmness suited to heavier sleepers that will help you maintain spinal alignment.
- Outer comfort layer is 3" thick starting with a 1" cooling gel layer followed by a 2" foam layer - regardless of your weight it will be unlikely that you will overcome this layer and feel unsupported.
- Mattress core is 6" thick and depending on your mattress size will contain up to 961 pocketed coils which is a great coil count
- Outer foam layer has a gel infusion which helps improve cooling over conventional polyurethane foam.
- Great price considering it's a purpose built mattress vs a one-size-fits-all.
- Thick comfort layer while great for contouring to your body will still trap heat to some extent but still less than a solid foam mattress
- Shorter trial than other options but how long do you really need? We think anything over 90 days is plenty to evaluate your match with your new mattress
|Ideal Sleeping Position(s)||All Positions|
|Available In||One Thickness|
|Mattress Dimensions||60" x 80" x 11"|
|Mattress Weight||95 lb.|
|Weight Limit||1100 lb.|
|Overall Density (lb/cubic square foot)||3.11|
|Materials||PE Foam with MDI Gel|
|Construction||3/4" Gel Memory Foam, 2" TitanFlex Foam, 6" Super Caliber Edge Coil System, 2" High Density Foam|
|Cooling||Outer gel memory foam layer aids cooling|
|Cover||Cotton knit quilted cover with tight stitching|
|Warranty||10-year hassle free warranty that covers any defects or body impressions that measure 1" or more|
|Customer service||Very Good|