Tuft & Needle Original
Why We Like It
The Tuft and Needle Original continues to be one of our top recommendations due to its compelling combination of technology and price all backed up by a great company that stands by their products. While the T&N Original is only a two-layer design, it doesn't hold it back. The 3" outer comfort layer is thicker than most comfort layers and results in a medium firmness mattress that is great for side and back sleepers below 225 pounds. While other big brands choose to offer longer trials, do you really need more than 100 days to decide?
- T&N proprietary foam that was developed using customer feedback that helps the foam adapt and contour to your body.
- While still foam at the end of the day, their outer foam layer is engineered with gel beds and graphite which aids cooling
- GreenGuard Gold certified which is pretty uncommon accolate among mattress manufacturers.
- Available in all common sizes from twin to all the way up to California King.
- Works with any bed foundation
- Made in the USA
- The Original doesn't have extra edge support as part of its design but depending on if you share your bed with someone else or have trouble getting in or out of bed this may not be a big issue for you.
- 10" thickness may not be quite thick enough for you if you're coming from a 12"+ thickness mattress.
Below are some deeper details about the Tuft and Needle Original mattress.
|SPECIFICATIONS AND DIMENSIONS (QUEEN)|
|Manufacturer||Tuft and Needle|
|Ideal Sleeping Position(s)||Back and Side|
|Available In||One Thickness|
|Mattress Dimensions||60" x 80" x 10"|
|Mattress Weight||72 lb.|
|Weight Limit||1000 lb.|
|Overall Density (lb/cubic square foot)||2.59 lb/cu ft.|
|MATTRESS DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION|
|Construction||3" Proprietary T&N Foam comfort layer with a 7" high density support layer|
|Cooling||Gel and graphite infused foam for cooling|
|Certification||GreenGuard Gold and CertiPUR-US®|
|Cover||Polyester and polyamide blend knit cover|
|Warranty||10-year limited warranty that covers manufacturing and workmanship defects in the product. It includes things like sagging, or body impressions that are greater than 3/4 of an inch. It’s also going to cover any material breakdown of the foam that causes it to split, crack, or deteriorate in any other way. The cover is also included in the warranty. So if you notice any undone stitching or if the zipper breaks, we’re here to help you out.|
|Customer service||Very Good|
Tuft and Needle Original Mattress FAQ
The MSRP for the Queen size Tuft and Needle Original mattress is $695. The standard Tuft and Needle mattress retail price for the King is $850 and the twin size is $450.